Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wednesday 13th February 2008

Wednesday
We knew that the weather today was going to be great for the time of year but couldn’t believe just how warm it was. Instead of our usual walk we went to Wat Tyler Park stopping at the supermarket on the way to do grocery shopping but also to buy picnic provisions.

Once we got to the park (which was absolutely full of kids as it’s half term) we headed for our favoured spot which is this block of concrete overlooking a wrecked ship and some mud flats. It’s a bit out of the way so we don’t tend to get disturbed there, dry and a sun trap so ideal for a picnic on a warm winter day. We spread out our blankets and had a lovely scratch lunch of sandwiches, sushi, hot cross buns and orange juice.

Anyway the sun was warm and we lay down on the blankets for a bit of a nap in the sun (lovely at any time of the year but sheer joy for a February day). Anyway we were well into our nap when I heard this voice saying “hello” I looked up and this chap said “we had reports that you weren’t moving so I came out to check that you were okay” . I think they though we might be dead or something! Anyway once he had checked that we were just napping and fine he buggered off and left us, I suppose it’s a good thing that somebody was concerned enough to report it but it did feel weird.

I was surprisingly tired despite the sunshine nap so didn’t do much for the rest of the day and we had an early night cos Phil has to drive to Worthing for work tomorrow.

Tuesday
Not bad physically today we went for a 20 minute walk in Norsey woods as the day was really nice we even managed to sit on an bench and enjoy the sun for a little while which improved my mood no end. I had some bad news about a family member today which I’m sure will be resolvable but still worrying (sorry to sound so circular but I haven’t asked her if it’s okay to mention her in the weblog).

Anyway I was feeling a bit more active (I don’t think the increase in thyroxine will have any effect for a few weeks but just knowing why you feel so fatigued is helpful in itself), so I finally buckled down and cleaned the kitchen floor which was rather grubby it’s amazing how much better you feel after doing something physical and useful!

Anyway after the shock of doing housework I had a nap and woke up feeling better. Phil has had a bad back for ages now and it drives me mad knowing I could make it feel better if only I had the energy to give him some treatment so I got him on my couch and did a short but hopefully effective back massage; it was interesting if frustrating trying to work around the fact that I have the PICC line in my left arm which restricts the moves I can do with that arm. I certainly couldn’t do a full massage but using techniques which use body weight instead of strength I did manage about 20 minutes; we’ll see if it helps.

No comments: