Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday 25th January 2008


Hi Everyone - Sorry for the delay in posting but as well as having visitors it's been a physically tough ride the last week or so. I'm feeling better now and I'll be writing up my weblog until we've caught up to date over the next couple of days.

Friday

Feeling pretty grotty but that’s not unusual for this time in the cycle so nothing to worry about. We did manage a short walk in the local woods but that was about all I could manage in the day

Thursday
Not the best of days, we did manage another short walk but I was very tired and feeling fairly bad today. All the normal side effects plus this strange new one where the palms of my hands go really pink and painful especially at the fingertips; I knew it was a possible side effect but hadn’t had it yet.

Nice to have Anne and Arthur around and they’ve been great about understanding that I need to go off and nap often and that Phil has to spend time up in his office working. So many people seem to think that working at home means being on holiday and seem to think Phil can just drop all his work and spend his time with visitors, it’s one of the common problems that home workers have!

The district nurse came over at 3ish and then supervised while Phil did my pump disconnect and flushed the PICC lines; he did great as usual and we agreed with her that he’d do it all from now on but we could call in help if we needed it.

Wednesday
I didn’t sleep very well on Tuesday night but that always the case on chemo night. I’m always a strange mixture of tired to the point of exhaustion while being totally hyper from the steroids they give me at the hospital, this time there was the added high of the news I’ve just got.

Anyway today I had the usual side effects; tingly fingers when they touch anything cold, jaws spasms when I start to chew etc, nothing too bad on the first couple of days the only new and interesting one was that my tongue suddenly seems to have got extra sensitive to mint which I discovered when I tried to clean my teeth. I’ve also discovered the bruises from my fall on Tuesday evening; this was caused by another new and interesting side effect; as I was getting out of the car at home I couldn’t feel my feet for a few moments and therefore fell into a bush. I was so well wrapped up that it didn’t hurt at all at the time and now I just have a few bruises so no real harm done.

Anyway didn’t do much today but sat around and chatted with Anne and Arthur although we did manage a brief 15 minute walk on the easy path in the woods.

No comments: