Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunday 10th February 2008

Sunday
Feeling better in the morning so we went out to Chelmsford while we had the chance, we bought some teas in Whittards, some olives and sun dried tomatoes in Oil and Vinegar and looked in the bookshops. Phil has a book token and we were expecting to buy lots of books but didn’t see enough that we wanted; I was starting to feel tired so it was hard to stay interested and of course Phil is so attuned to my moods now that he was distracted too.

On the way back to the car we heard from Richie and Caroline who phoned to say that they were bring Dad over to visit us for lunch. It was lovely to see then and we had a nice lunch courtesy of them but I was really flagging by the time they went home so it was off to bed for my nap.

Later on just as dusk was falling we did manage to go out for a quick walk; it was a bit colder than it would have been earlier but the setting sun turned the sky into a sheet of gold and it was quite beautiful to see the skeletons of the trees against such a backdrop.

Saturday
Diarrhoea set in again but it’s not quite as bad as last time, I’m feeling ill and painful for about 1/2 an hour after each bout rather than all day. We had intended to go out for a long shopping trip but in the end all I could manage was a quick trip to the library and the local shop for lunch then I went home for a nap. Then in the afternoon we were just ready to set out for a walk when the diarrhoea struck again and by the time I felt better it was getting dark.

Never mind tomorrow may be better and the weather is supposed to hold for a few days.

Friday
As usual on day 4 I was feeling pretty grotty all day, very fatigued and achy. It’s difficult to describe the nearest thing is that you feel like you are coming down with the flu. We did manage to go out for a quick walk on the easy path at Norsey woods in the afternoon and I felt better for the fresh air and exercise but 20 minutes was quite enough to make me exhausted again.

Thursday
Phil was out working in
London for the day, I wasn’t feeling up to going out for a walk by myself (Phil wouldn’t be happy if I fell and hurt myself by going out on my own). I was feeling a bit lethargic and the bloody pump was still alarming very time my arm bent so I couldn’t do knitting, typing or very much else (you try to keep your left arm straight and get on with household stuff). Anyway I eventually gave up and watched some episodes of Tenko (I have loads saved on Sky+)

When Phil came home we did the pump disconnection etc; Phil had got the pump disconnect and flushing down pat now but it’s the first time we changed the staylock device so it was quite scary. Still we managed it fine in the end and it’s more comfortable now.

No comments: