Sunday, December 23, 2007

Saturday 22nd December

Saturday

So much better today! The diarrhoea hasn’t been much of a problem this time (the tablets I got form the hospital are fantastic) and I think that might be why I’ve bounced back more quickly this time.

We were going to do a walk but ended up doing loads of Christmas shopping instead, I did get tired more quickly than normal but other than that I was feeling pretty good.

Friday

Still to cold for a walk and I was still feeling quite tried and horrid although better than Thursday, we are starting to see a pattern emerging. I did go out of the house to buy some porridge and post some Christmas cards (sorry if yours is late but they’ve been sitting on the table ready to post for ages).

Phil went off to St Albans to have the car serviced and spent most of the day at his brother’s place but I still didn’t feel well enough for a long drive.

Thursday

I was half expecting to feel much worse today and I wasn’t disappointed I felt really grungy and exhausted all day and started my period just to add to the misery. Phil went off to London to do some Christmas shopping and I lay about on the sofa napping reading and knitting. I know it’s wimpy and I’ve actually been very lucky with the side effects but the bad days do make you into a wimp. I’m still eating fine though and no sickness so I shouldn’t grumble.

Wednesday

Did a bit of shopping then the district nurse came to disconnect me from the pump and flush the PICC lines. Phil watched so that hopefully he can learn how to do it himself but there’s no rush for that. It’s lovely to be free of the pump.

Tuesday

Didn’t sleep so well but it was the same on the last cycle so I wasn’t o surprised. Phil offered to wake up and read some more to me but he was shattered so it seemed more sensible for me to get up and read for myself and let him get some sleep. Went back to bed at 5am and then slept quite well and ended up having a lie in so didn’t feel too bad.

No bad side effects as yet just the tingly fingers when they get cold mostly. Blood pressure still okay so keeping my fingers crossed on that. We went shopping at lunchtime and managed to get around Matalan and Tesco before I flagged so we went home for lunch followed by an afternoon nap.

In the evening Phil and Richie went into the hospital to see Dad but I didn’t go as I’m still connected to the chemo pump and therefore quite venerable to the cold and to catching anything. Dad was mentally on the ball but still very frail and we aren’t sure if he’ll be out for Christmas.

No comments: