Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Monday 17th December

Monday

Up at 6.30 so we could leave at 7 for Sutton; actually left just after 7 and the traffic was horrible so we didn’t get there till about 20 past 9. My blood pressure and all the blood tests were fine so I started the tablets again and had my chemo.

Phil was going to go off and work at Sutton library so I kissed him goodbye only to see him come striding into the ward a short time after. It turns out that Sutton library is closed on Mondays which we didn’t know it’s been Tuesdays up to now. He went off to work in the canteen which was freezing so the poor love was like a block of ice all day.

My chemo drugs arrive at about 1.30 and my chemo regime is quite long so I didn’t get out till about 6ish, the travel home wasn’t so bad although we were both a bit tired by then.

Richie phoned the hospital and Dad was much brighter and more lively but they still don't seem to know why he had the dip on Sunday.

No horrible side effects as yet, just the strange tingling is my hands or face get cold and the muscle spasms in my jaw occasionally which are both a bit disconcerting at first but hardly the end of the world. Fingers crossed that it all stays this good.

Don’t worry if there is a bit of a delay between posts but I did get quite fatigued on the chemo last time and just didn’t have the energy to write.

Sunday

Still slept badly Saturday night but felt better on Sunday, we did shopping and went for a short walk, we only did one circuit in the local woods about a 1 kilometre cos it was too cold to linger.

We had intended to go an see Dad at the hospital in the evening but Richie went in the afternoon and phoned to say that there was no point because he had slept through their visit and he wasn’t even sure Dad knew they we there. The hospital staff seem puzzled as he was quite bright on Friday and Saturday.

In the evening we dressed the Christmas tree which is my favourite part of Christmas. We don’t have a real tree although I’m always torn; I do love the smell of a real tree but I don’t love the needles which seem to stay in the carpet for months and I always feel bad about killing the tree.

We had two quite long power cuts in the evening, luckily as we love candles we were quite well set up but when I went out to see how far the cut extending I fell over the low fence and ended up with bruises all up one leg, no other damage which was a relief. The second power cut was just as we went to bed so we got out the candles again then the had to get up and put out all the lights once the power was restored. As a result we had quite a late night which was a pain as we had to get up early on Monday to get to Marsden for my chemo but we both slept like logs so it wasn’t too bad.

Saturday

We both had some tummy upset in the night and most of the day we had tummy upset and headaches so we didn’t sleep well. We were both tired from such a long day on Friday so we slept in and didn’t do much except a short walk in the local wood. Lazy day but it was what we both needed.

No comments: