Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tuesday 15th January 2008

Tuesday
Phil was supposed to drive down to see his accountant this morning but we had both slept very badly and I was feeling quite coldy so he postponed it for a couple of days, the rain was torrential so I was really glad that he wasn’t going as it’s a long drive.

There was no way we could manage any sort of walk as it was so cold miserable and wet all day, we had been going to visit a friend in the evening but she kindly let us off the hook as the weather was still so bad and the roads crammed with traffic.

We did pop out to the local supermarket to get food but even that short trip well wrapped up made me cough so much people in the shop looked at me like I was some sort of Typhoid Mary.

Monday
Still had a bit of an upset tummy and cold symptoms but feeling a bit better today so we decided to push the boat out and drive over to Hylands Park for a longer walk and some different views. It was a good job we had our stout boots on! The day was cold and clear but the ground at Hylands was sodden and very slippery the mud was so deep and slippy that it was as difficult as walking on soft sand but with the added bonus that you thought you were going to land on your bum at any moment.

We managed about 45 minutes before we called it a day, it was very tiring and probably good exercise but not very enjoyable at all; we agreed that we will leave Hylands Park until the weather is a bit drier! I had to put my trousers in the wash even though I hadn’t fallen over they were splashed with thick mud all up the calves.

Sunday
Still felt a bit grotty but better than Saturday. We managed a half hour walk at the reservoir which is beautiful. Blood pressure down a little which is a relief

Saturday
I’d half arranged to go out to the Farmers Market with Phil and Julie but felt pretty awful when I woke up at 7 and then 8 for my tablets so I texted her and cancelled. It wasn’t a great surprise that I felt bad as we are starting to get a feel for the pattern and days 4 and 5 after the chemo seem to be the bad days.

We did manage to go out for a short walk in the afternoon which helped a bit but mostly I just lay about on the couch napping and feeling sorry for myself. The tablets I got from the doctor helped with the diarrhea but I still had an upset stomach all day and my blood pressure was up again (it was high on day 3 of the last cycle too so I won’t be worried unless it stays high for a couple of days)

No comments: