Saturday, January 12, 2008

Friday 11th January 2008

Friday
It was wet today but not so cold so we went out for a quick walk on the easy path in the local woods. This is useful as it’s a disabled path it’s quite flat and well gravelled so that it doesn’t get too muddy even when there has been a lot of rain. One circuit takes about 15 minutes and it’s roughly one kilometre so it’s just enough to stop me crawling the walls which I have a tendency to do it I can’t get out of the house.

I wrapped up well but didn’t have any of the problems I sometimes get with breathing in cold air after my chemo so that was great.

There was some mix up so the district nurse didn’t turn up to disconnect my pump this afternoon, we phoned up and they arranged for somebody to come out in the evening. The two nurses arrived and they were great, we wanted Phil to try to do the disconnection and line flush and he was fantastic, they were very patient and encouraging and he even managed to flush the line that had been blacked a couple of days ago. I’m so lucky to have him!

Tonight Phil is starting to read me ‘The Weirdstone of Brisingamen’ by Alan Garner.

Also just for my niece Helen who phoned up tonight I had homemade soup for dinner (she says I always seem to be eating soup when she reads my weblog).

Thursday
Felt pretty good today especially considering that I didn’t sleep very well. My friend Julie came over and spent the afternoon with me which provided a good excuse to send Phil out to but cream cakes. We chatted and watched Neverwhere on DVD I had a great time and I hope that she did too!

Phil finished reading the Children of Green Knowe (very interesting book) in bed and then we both slept like logs till 10.30.

No comments: