Thursday, August 21, 2008

Twitter - What Tweets are all about

Hi Everyone,

Hazel asked about Tweets and I realised that I should have said before I started posting.

Phil set it up for me so I may need him to help with the explanation.

Anyway there is this program (free) called Twitter, you join up and then can write short (140 characters) little notes at any time of the day, you can follow other users so that you get all their posts and then some people will also choose to follow you.
There a facility to be able to post from your mobile phone as well as your computer.
Here is the URL for Twitter (but you need to apply to Phil for any techie details) http://www.twitter.com


In addition to the Twitter application there is another add-in which allows your Blogger to access Twitter once a day and add all your little posts (each post is called a tweet) I'm hoping that this will mean that I update my blog more often with little snippets instead of leaving it until I have a huge amount to write.

The add-on is called Loudtwitter and you can access it from the bottom of a tweet post (you definitely need to get Phil to help with this application cos I'm totally lost as to how it works or how to set it up)

Hugs to everyone
Jill

No comments: