Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wednesday 2nd April 2008

Wednesday 2nd April
Slept quite badly again but I always do because of the effects of the steroids.

Phil went to the doctor this morning because he just hasn’t been able to shake of the effects of that flu bug he had weeks ago. As we expected antibiotics won’t help because it was a virus, the doc thinks it’s mostly that he’s run down because of stress but has organised some blood tests just to make sure there are no underlying problems.

He’s out in London at a business meeting this afternoon so I’m taking the opportunity to write up this weblog.

Talk to you again soon.
Yours Jill

Tuesday 1st April
The poor staff at the Marsden we completely run off their feet! They had a really full day and a combination of staff on leave and various people off sick. As always they did a fantastic job and were as friendly and helpful as ever but I did feel very sorry for them.

Anyway my bloods and everything were fine so I had my chemo which was a great relief. Due to my drugs coming down late from pharmacy we didn’t get away until 7.15 which was a very long day for us both. It’s a mixed blessing though; because although we get home later the traffic is much better that late so we do have a quicker journey.

Monday 31st March
Feeling pretty good at the end of my chemo break.

We needed to go and see Phil’s Dad so decided to go for a walk in Hockley woods for a change on the way to his house. We hadn’t anticipated just how muddy it would be and didn’t take our stout boots so we had to cut the walk short after 20 mins. It was probably just as well because it’s much steeper and hillier than our usual walks and we got knackered quite quickly.

After Dads we did a quick pack had some supper and then went over to stay with my friend Gaye who lives over near the Marsden. This was because Phil had a training session he was doing in London. He’s stopped booking anything for Tuesdays but still has some booking that people made last year; with companies who produce brochures and publicity material he sometimes gets booked up to a year in advance.

1 comment:

Hazel said...

Wonderful to hear from you again -- I was getting a bit worried when there were no posts but then three turned up together. Some quirk in your posting software or my reader?
Great news about the tumours reducing, I am so pleased for you.