Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Monday 21st April

Monday 21st April
Did a flying visit to Dad in the afternoon and then our friend Val came over for dinner. We had lured her into the trip with the promise that Phil would cook her egg and chips which he did. Actually we have had several visitors since we bought the deep fat fryer as proper home made chips seem to be quite a draw.

We took Val for a little bit a a walk in our Bluebell Woods after dinner, we haven’t walked there in the evening twilight yet this year and it had a completely different type of beauty.

Sunday 20th April
Silly of me but today was a bit disappointing; as I’d been so much better than usual on Friday I was sort of expecting Sunday to be really good too. It wasn’t actually any worse than usual but having got my hopes up it was a bit downheartening. Still we watched some West Wing in bed which was fun and felt deliciously naughty!

Just in case you are wondering we haven’t been reading much in the last couple of months cos we are wolfing our way through the whole West Wing series (we bought it and watched it a few years ago and it’s just as good the second time around).

Saturday 19th April
Felt much better than I usually do on the Saturday so we went off to visit Dad . Phil’s brother Richie was there too so we got a chance to see him too and hear about his holiday (I was just a little bit green and envious I must admit)

Wednesday 16th through Friday 18th April
Pretty much as normal, we did some short local walks and Wednesday and Thursday. One of the nice things about spring is that even though Phil was working in London on Thursday there was still enough light to go for a little walk in the early evening.

Friday was pretty grotty as normal; we had intended to go and see Dad but I didn’t feel well enough.

1 comment:

Hazel said...

I'm jealous. OK. so there's some things in your life that I'd rather be without thank you (as I guess you would too) but bluebell woods in the evening -- oh boy. My nearest are too far to walk to and buses in the countryside round here seem to stop at 7 or 8 in the evening. I can smell the bluebells from here.