Sunday, May 11, 2008

Anne Sudworth Art Exhibition

Sunday 4th May
Luckily I was feeling quite a lot better on Sunday because we had an invitation to see Anne Sudworth’s art show at Strawberry Hill House in Twickenham. The exhibition is on for several weeks but Anne was there on the 4th doing a book signing. Anne had said that we could bring friends so we invited our friends Gaye and Paul who live reasonably close and also Phil brother Richie and his wife Caroline. None of the others had seen Anne’s work except for the prints we have at home and they all enjoyed the show lots.

We saw loads of other friends there and generally had a great time. I had to sit down for most of the time and it was rather hot in the house but it was a lovely day so I spent a lot of the time sitting in the garden and letting people come to me for chats.

If you’d like so see some of Anne’s work you can visit her website at: http://www.annesudworth.co.uk/

Thurs 1st to Sat 3rd May
Not my best day; Friday is always the worse day but the burning sensation in my finger started early this cycle and when it’s at its worst and I can’t bend them or really use them at all. Felt pretty grotty all three days so didn’t do much but lie around on the sofa and watch TV or read a little.

Wednesday 30th April
Bit tired as I always sleep badly on the day of my treatment but pretty quiet day. My fingers started to get quite sore at the joints where that are cracked towards the afternoon which is horrid because it means I can’t do knitting or beading, typing is difficult and even reading because of holding the book and turning the pages.

Tuesday 29th April
Went to hospital for treatment; everything okay except they are a little concerned about the tingling and numbness in my fingers and feet and the cracking on my finger joints. I thought this was from the 5FU from the timing of the effect but the doc said it was a known side effect from the Oxiplatin. We agreed that as I can cope with the side effect at the moment and the scan results are so positive we will keep the dose the same. I’m allowed one more reduction while staying on the Clinical Trial so it is an option if thing get too bad.

Sunday 27th & Monday 28th April
Sunday we were pretty tried from the drive back and our exploring so we had a quiet day and just did a little shopping.

Monday we went to visit Dad as we needed to pick up the pussy cat and also because we hadn’t seen him for a week or so. We usually try to see Dad before I go to the hospital for treatment as I’m often not well enough to visit in the week after treatment.

On the side effect front, these days were good but I am starting to get a tingling and numbness in my fingers and feet which I know will probably get worse as the treatment progresses. This is different from the sensitivity to cold which I get in the first few days after treatment.

No comments: