Monday, March 31, 2008

Latest CT scan results - Tuesday 18th March

Latest CT scan results - Tuesday 18th March
Results were good!!!!!

The tumors in both my lungs and liver have shrunk and my blood tumor markers are down to 21. It’s very good news.

Monday 17th March
Went to the hospital for my latest CT scan, I also had my bloods done so that we could find out if they were okay for chemo on Tuesday. As it happened my bloods were fine but I still had the cold and some diarrhea so the doctor decieded that I should have a two week break. Although he agreed for my to keep taking the trial drug so long as I was feeling okay and the diarrhea cleared up.

Obviously I didn’t want to wait for two weeks for my CT results so they said I could call in on Tuesday.

Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th March
Phil and I were both pretty ill so we did the odd bit of shopping we absolutely had to do and apart from that we stayed home and watched lots of videos in bed.

Visting Wales - Tuesday 11th through Friday 14th March
Tuesday Phil was feeling a little better and decided that he would be okay to drive us all up to Wales. In retrospect I should have stopped him but I wanted to see my sister so I took his word for it that he’d be okay.

It took 8 hours to do the drive and by the end of it he was so ill I was getting really worried about him, luckily I didn’t realise his temp was so bad that he was way out of it but st least we did get there okay. Phil didn’t really enjoy the visit at all as he was really ill the whole time. I got a really bad cold which started more or less as we arrived but nothing like as bad as Phil.

It was good to see Anne my sister and Carole, then David and Sandra flew over from Italy to join us and on the last morning My niece Helen came down from Liverpool. We came home a day early as Phil was worried about us both being fit to get to the Hospital on Monday.

Sunday 9th through Monday 10th March
On Sunday my niece Carole was arriving at Heathrow as she was visiting from
USA. Phil went off to collect her and I stayed at home a I was at the low point of my cycle.

By the time Phil and Carole got back Phil was showing all the classic symptoms of flu, fever and chills and aching all over so I put him to bed. He must have been ill because he never agrees to go to bed but he stayed there for two days. Wouldn’t let me get the doctor though!

Thursday 6th through Sat 8th March
Phil was working late both Thursday and Friday, luckily my side effects were pretty easy this cycle so I was able to get supper for him when he got home in the evening.

I did a bit around the house but mostly rested up while he was out at work and as he was exhausted in the evenings we had pretty early nights too.

No comments: