Friday, November 30, 2007

Thursday 29th November 2007

Slept much better on Wednesday so we got up earlier to have more of the winter daylight. Managed to shower all by myself which sounds pathetic but you need to learn the best way to do it with a PICC line and and especially when you are attached to a pump.

We had lunch then went for a 3 kilometer walk in Norsey woods; we kept to the flat easy walk as it was the first time and Phil made very sure I stayed well wrapped up. Home for an hours nap then we went off for an hour or two to see Dad, he wasn't looking at all well but he'd had the doctor in and the district nurse in twice so he's being well looked after. I wish we could do more but he understands the situation and is being very good about everything.

We were both very tired when we got home, Phil said he would have blamed the chemo for my tiredness except he was almost as bad . Supper, then we watched the latest episode of Bones and had an early night, Phil did read me a chapter of the Castle of Adventure though.

Still feeling pretty good and positive about the treatment.

Yours
Jill

4 comments:

glamlawlib said...

All the best to you Jill! I follow Phil's blog (I'm a librarian), so just wanted to stop by say 'hi' and send you some positive healing thoughts :)

Victoria said...

Hi Jill, I followed the link from Phil's blog as well. Just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you, and wishing you the best.

Pam B said...

Pam from Australia here Jill. I too have been following your journey on Phil's blog. I'm a librarian too. I hope you keep well with the chemo. All the very best wishes

linnyx said...

Hi dear hearts....There is never TMI in the vernacular of family. In fact-we are experiencing the same thing. Off to the loo together-this is to make you laff a whole lot, sympathetically looing.

oh-if you only knew. We love you lots and lots....
I sent you a package-did it arrive? I may be sharing chemo-brain and sent it to someone else...let me know and I'll try again.
Yours,
ux